VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY TECHNICAL NOTE:
The 3Z-VSS is designed for, and only compatible to vehicle's NOT equipped with any type of OEM Anti-Theft systems and/or OEM digital power door lock circuits; Incompatibility examples would be any of GM's Passlock anti-theft systems, Ford's PATS Keys, Chrysler/Dodge's SENTRY Keys, etc. Any vehicles equipped with anti-theft systems must use the next model up...available by clicking HERE.
- Includes Two 3-Button Remote Controls: Two 3-button remote's with separate Lock, Unlock and Remote Start Buttons. All the features of the 3Z-VSS system can be remotely activated from up to 1000' away.
- Safety 2-Press Remote Start Activation: The remote starter is activated by pressing the remote start button (bottom right button) on the remote 2X within 3 seconds. This setting helps prevent any accidental activation that could occur with a single press activation setting (system can be ordered for a one press activation if you like and can easily be changed anytime after installation if desired).
- Parking Lights Flash Confirmation: Visual confirmation that you activated the remote starter and when you lock or unlock the vehicle's doors: The system will flash the vehicles parking lights when you lock or unlock the doors and right after you activate the remote starter. After remote start activation it will turn the parking lights on solid shortly afterwards to confirm that the vehicle is running via the remote starter.
- HVAC Control, Pre-Heat/AC Activation:Pre-setting your vehicle's heat settings prior to exiting your vehicle will enable you to pre-warm the interior and defrost the windshield when your vehicle is running via the remote starter. Same with the vehicle's AC, just pre-set the AC settings where you like it and it will pre-cool the interior on those hot days from it sitting in the sun.
- Multiple Remote Start Run Times: The system has multiple remote start run times: Choices are 5, 10, 15, 20, 45 or 60 minutes. You can easily adjust the run time yourself anytime after installation.
- Quick-Stop Mode: A cool feature that allows you to keep the engine running without leaving the keys in the ignition. While the engine is still running with the keys, just press the remote start button on the remote 2X, and when you turn off the ignition and remove the keys to exit the vehicle, the engine will remain running for the duration of the current remote start run time (or you can press the button on the remote 2X again to shut it down sooner).
- Safety Brake Pedal Shut-Down Input: Mandatory connection that will immediately shut down the remote starter system if you step on the vehicle's brake pedal before you put the key's into the ignition and turn the ignition on (a.k.a. "key-take-over" feature).
- Valet Remote Start ON/OFF Mode: The system has a valet mode where the remote start feature can be temporarily turned off. Mainly used when servicing the vehicle.
- Windshield Mounted Antenna w/Built-In Programming Button & Status LED: Commonly mounted on the inside center of the vehicle's windshield directly behind the rear-view mirror for best range, the antenna conveniently incorporates both the system's programming button and status LED. This eliminates any hole drilling in the vehicle and significantly reduces the amount of wire's needed to be run under the dash during installation.
- Horn Beep Confirmation Choice: The system sends a quick pulse to your vehicles horn circuit for audio confirmation when you use the remotes to lock or unlock the vehicles doors and when the remote starter is activated. Its also used to pulse the horn 4X when you use the car finder feature. The horn sound can be turned off & on any time after installation if prefered.
- Power Trunk/Hatch Activation: Press & hold the remote's unlock button for over 3 seconds and it will activate your vehicles power trunk (or hatch) release circuit if your vehicle is equipped with a separate factory power trunk or hatch release push button.
- Car Finder Mode: Locate your vehicle in crowded parking lots: Press and holding the lock or unlock button on one of the remotes will pulse the vehicles horn for 30 seconds (or stop sooner if you re-press the button aagin). The system will also flash the vehicle's parking lights while the horn sounds.
- Diesel Compatible/Adjustable Delay Timer: Programmable crank delay settings for Diesel engines. The system will be pre-set for you with any of the pre-set times available. Your choice of "wait-to-start" times are: 10, 15, 20 or 45 seconds before crank to allow for proper glow-plug warming. You will be able to easily change this setting if need be after installation. Industry standard time is 10 or 15 seconds.
- Multiple Remotes Capability: The system has the ability to work with one or two additional remotes for a total of up to 4 remotes at the same time (additional remotes sold separately).
- Vehicle Compatibility: The 3Z-VSS is available for the majority of vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions only, gas or diesel engines and standard keyed ignition systems (not vehicle's with push-to-start buttons)
- 2 Year Warranty: MotorCityRemotes.com will repair or replace any part of your system that’s found to fail from normal everyday use for a period of 2 years from date-of-delivery (1 year on remotes).
- Step-by-Step, System-to-Vehicle Specific Installation Guide: Information is Everything! No sitting with a lap-full of "spaghetti-wire" and jumping from wiring chart to manual, trying to figure out what wires are needed (or not needed) to connect to the vehicle. Each of our systems include a step-by-step, vehicle-specific installation manual that indicates exactly what wire from the system connects to what wire in the vehicle, where the wire is located in the vehicle, and how to confirm that you found the correct wire using the VSS kits supplied LED style test probe.
- LED Style Test Probe Included: No need for using awkward multi-meters that indicate voltage level's that can confuse polarity readings and require the use of two probes and a bare spot on the wire in order to take a reading. Each of our VSS kits includes an easy-to-use LED-style test probe to use along with the VSS kit's step-by-step vehicle-specific installation manual. This test probe simplifies the procedure of finding and testing for the correct wire in your vehicle by lighting a green or red LED to indicate the target wire's polarity (explained in each step of our vehicle-specific install manuals).
For example, if the step in the VSS guide indicates that the vehicle's parking light wire is a solid blue wire found running into the rear of the vehicle's headlights switch and will show a positive polarity when the parking lights switch is turned on, you simply connect the probes alligator clip to chassis ground, stick the tip of the probe thru the wire's insulation and turn the vehicle's parking light's ON & OFF a few times, and if its the correct blue wire, it will light the red LED in the handle of the test probe at the same time the switch is turned ON & OFF! (again, explained in each step of the VSS manual). It just can't be made any more simpler than this!
- Tachless™ Mode: Designed to eliminate the need to run a wire out under the hood to connect to the vehicle's tachometer wire and then having to program the tach signal to the remote starter system: The tachless mode monitors the vehicle's voltage levels, current and crank time during start to maintain a trouble-free remote starter activation. Applicable to newer and well-maintained vehicles with gas or hybrid engines only.
- Includes -/+ Power Door Locks Interface or 5-Wire door locks relay pack or resistor-based adaptor: Many older vehicles can require an additional 5 -wire relay adaptor with or without resistors, no matter which type of power door lock circuit your vehicle is equipped with (-/+, 5-Wire) the mandatory component will be included with the kit.
- Includes Vehicle Specific Extras: To avoid the inconvenience of getting into the middle of an installation and finding out that you need to stop and run to the auto parts store for a relay or radio shack for some resistors or whatever, we include any needed extra relays w/harness (for example, for power trunk activation, 3rd Accessory etc.) and/or diodes, resistors, voltage inverters, etc. needed for your specific vehicle.
- Installation Connector Package: Each VSS system includes 3 different sizes of quick-connect "T-Tap" connectors with male spade connectors pre-crimped to the ends of the systems wiring for making quick connections from the system to your vehicle's wiring. Also included are crimp cap connectors for connecting wires end-to-end and self-tapping screws with ground loop connectors for making chassis ground connections to the vehicle. Nylon zip ties are also supplied for securing wiring, control module and sensor placement.
- Vehicle Compatibility Guarantee: You will be asked to indicate the year, make and model of vehicle the system will be installed into during ordering. If in the rare event that one of our technicians finds that the system is not compatible to your specific vehicle, we will immediately contact you, void the order and promptly release your payment.
- Lifetime Technical Support: Have access to some of the most qualified technicians in the industry, 7 days a week. Providing technical support since 2002, each member of our technical support staff has a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience installing alarms, keyless entry and remote car starter systems. And with one of the largest support networks in the industry, our technicians can be directly contacted via phone, email, through our massage board, support forum and even by txt. With our wide-range of communication options, if you ever have a problem or question you can feel confident that you can easily contact someone in our technical support department.